Friday, October 28, 2011

Tricky Treat?

Happy Halloween! I love, love, love this time of year and the whole production of deciding on a costume, getting the accessories and putting it all together. Halloween doesn't need to be difficult though and you can pull together a look with makeup alone; just depends on how creative you want to get, but YouTube has awesome pictures and video tutorials to help you on your way.

I personally like to go for the sexy costumes where I still look like me without war paint covering my face, but regardless of what my costume is, I still try to incorporate my makeup with the look. When I was Medusa one year I airbrushed my face gold and attached green and blue jewels around my hairline to mimic abstract snake skin. This year I am going retro and will be a 1960's Playboy bunny and will do period hair and makeup to tie it all together. The fun of Halloween for me is getting dressed up and seeing how creative people get with their details.

Me as Wonder Woman & Medusa

When deciding on a costume, go all out on the makeup and hair because if you are going to do it, do it all the way. Still stumped on what to wear? Why not create your own costume with a painted face by Googling 'halloween makeup idea' images where you will get some amazing examples of costumes you can create around your makeup. Whatever you decide, have a safe and festive Halloween and hope you get the option to either trick or treat ;) .