Monday, October 10, 2011

OMG Lashes

I try to mix up my posts but admit I fall back on lips and lashes a lot because, 1) there is always new products/colors coming out to try, and 2) it's the finishing touch to any look. I am always buying makeup for my kit (and myself) and this weekend I purchased Hypnose Doll Lashes from Lancome, and have to say it's pretty damn cool.


Granted I am a huge fan of Maybelline mascara for all the right reasons (cost, effect, availability, end results) but sometimes I like to splurge on the pricey mascaras too just to see (prove myself wrong?) that pricey doesn't always mean better. In this case however, Hypnose is well worth the price and did give amazing results. The wand is cone shaped and no matter how many coats (wet or dry) I reapplied to my lashes, I didn't have lumps. None. Zero. Zilch.

I don't appreciate the fake ads of any cosmetic company showing sky-high lashes if you use their product (with the tiny disclaimer that the photos are 'enhanced') but Hypnose did deliver on 'doll lashes' as claimed in the name and I definitely will be including this in my routine, along with my other Lancome splurge of Definicils mascara. That stuff just lenghtens your lashes like crazy! Doesn't give you fullness like Hypnose does, but pick your battles, right?

For daily makeup tips, check out my facebook page and become a fan.